You may or may not have seen it?
The mini was inspired by a few of the daybooks found out there on the market, like Amy Tangerines. These are smallish paper only albums usually sewn to bind. I chose to make this because for me it is a perfect size for a not-too-small yet not-too-big story.
So here is a bit of a tutorial for making this mixed-size mini book if you are interested in making for yourself. All pattern paper from Pink Paislee's Hello Sunshine.
1. To create book cover: trim pattern paper to 9 x 6 1/2-inches. Score down middle. Set aside.
2. For the inside pages: trim pattern paper 8 x 12- inches. Fold in half so the page now measures 8-inches x 6 inches high. This way both sides show the pattern. Score down the middle. Set inside the cover piece.
3. For the next page: trim pattern paper 6 x 6-inches. Fold in half so that it now measures 6-inches wide and 3-inches tall. Trim off two corners and punch hole in middle to resemble a tag. Score down middle. Lay inside the other pages.
4. For next page: trim pattern paper to 8-inches x 10-inches. Fold in half to measure 8-inches x 5-inches. Score in half. Set inside other pages.
5. To continue: trim vellum 8-inches x 6-inches. Score down middle. Set inside other pages.
6. For next page: trim pattern paper to 8-inches x 11-inches. Fold in half to measure 8-inches x 5 1/2-inches. Notch edges. Score down middle. Set inside other pages.
7. Trim pattern paper to 6-inches x 9-inches. Fold in half to measure 6 x 4 1/2-inches. Round corners. Score down middle. Set inside other pages.
8. Lastly, create an envelope or pocket. Use the flap as the middle. Lay inside the other pages.
9. To make mini: pierce holes down the 'spine' of the scored pages. Using a large needle and floss, hand sew through the holes. Tie ends in the middle.
10. Add photos and embellishments to the inside pages as desired.
Be sure to visit PinkPaislee to see the inside details with photos and embellishments. Hoping this gave you a good visual as to how to put together the Make It Mini.